A new lease you were, my love.
okay! so. here are some websites that i’ve found helpful, as distractions or deterrents from anxiety and/or sadness.
- silk - use rotational symmetry to create beautful art
- create your own nebula - the title says it all
- looking at something - rain sound effect, move your mouse around to create different effects. (caution with this one—some of the links at the top of the page lead to websites that are NOT epilepsy/photosensitive friendly)
- the quiet place
- 90 second relaxation exercise
- the thoughts room
- calm.com - guided relaxation exercises coupled with calming nature scenes
- calmsound.com - various relaxing sound effects
- music catcher - easy game featuring relaxing music
- drift - cute game in which you are a bunny trying to jump on balloons
- calming manatee - a manatee who says nice things to you
i hope some of these are helpful bc you deserve to feel relaxed and calm! if you know of any other helpful sites, please feel free to reblog and add them in! :3
"Unfortunately, women play a particular dangerous and critical role in discrediting and gaslighting other women and their experiences and speech acts, allowing the industry to persist in a state of denial and providing a highly credible means of deflection from the issues at hand. Women in the community can often be seen berating other women for their “anger”, “negativity,” or “vitriol”, criticizing feminist discourse for alienating men, discouraging or minimizing open discussion of the ugliest issues in the community (such as rape and assault), or painting civil debate as feminist bullying. In tone policing other women, many women are co-signed and supported by influential white men (just check out Dave Winer’s championing of white women defending and indulging his egregious ignorance and obvious, unrepentant sexism) — perhaps hinting at the hidden system of reward offered up to women willing to carry out patriarchy’s bread and butter regulation. In these roles, women themselves act as the first line of defense against feminist dialogue in the industry."- “Fuck You, I Got Mine”: Women in Tech for the Patriarchy — about work — Medium (via brutereason)
why is Ursula shunned from King Triton’s society? does it have something to do with being more powerful than him? why does King Triton have a magical trident, being otherwise a pretty regular merman? Ursula is a witch, if anyone should have a magical artifact it should be her, did King Triton steal it?
and finally, Ursula didn’t do Ariel much wrong
Ariel wanted some legs (and a vagina) and Ursula told her flat out that in the surface world you can have a vagina or a voice, not both
i’d watch the hell out of a movie about Ursula
“Ursula told her flat out that in the surface world you can have a vagina or a voice, not both”
ohhhh shit though, ursula was being too real about the world
although perhaps a bit too literal
Okay, these were all excellent points and I’ll never see The Little Mermaid the same way again.
I laughed at that caption at first then the reality actually hit me
you can have a vagina or a voice, not both”
Sadly I don’t think Ursula would make a good movie by Hollywood standards because the leading lady would be fat and not traditionally sexy like Angelina made Maleficent.